INTRO TO CINEMATOGRAPHY
Do you want to pursue a career as a director of photography, or would you like to learn more about the cinematography and camera department? Our Cinematography Course will provide a comprehensive introduction to shooting and lighting for film
-Work on set in a professional studio
-Full production set ups
-use DSLR cameras, RED DRAGON
-Use of camera rigs, stride cams and jackets
-work with profession creative team
Perfect for Beginners
LENGTH: 2 DAYS
TIMES: 9AM TILL 6PM
DATES: 14th-15th MAY, 4TH-5TH JUNE, 9TH-10 JULY, 13TH-14TH AUG, 3RD-4TH SEP, 8TH-9TH OCT, 12TH-13TH NOV
Do you want to pursue a career as a director of photography, or would you like to learn more about the cinematography and camera department? Our Cinematography Course will provide a introduction to shooting and lighting for film, along with working with update to date equipment such Canon 5D mark 3 camera, RED DRAGON EPIC camera, camera rigs and steadicam jacket, tracking and dollys.
Guided by experienced filmmaking professionals, this intense 3-day course will introduce the the industry in general, concepts of lighting, camera operation, framing and shooting profession actors or models.
This practical, in-depth training will give you the opportunity to serve as DOP, camera operator, focus puller and clapper loader on a series of short films in an industry setting, offering hands-on insights into the world of cinematography.
All students will have the opportunity to practise the roles of the camera department on a project in a studio environment using a high-end HD camera.
Targeted exercises ensure you:
- Establish an understanding of shot choices, visual storytelling and effectively interpreting the script
- Enhance your communication techniques, allowing you to draw the best from your crew
- Shoot a short film, working with a full crew and professional actors in an industry standard environment
- Learn professional techniques to improve your performance as a director of photography, looking at colour temperature, hard and soft light, framing.
- Improve your collaborative skills, allowing you to communicate more effectively with fellow crew members
- Practice all roles within the camera department in an on-set environment and earn credits in each role
For Beginners. You should have an interest in film and fashion and a desire to learn.
No previous experience is required.
Your place on the course is not confirmed until you have booked online. There is no deadline for booking however places are offered on a first come, first served basis, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
What equipment do I require for the course:
Pen and note pad. Students are welcome to bring in their own props for shoot day if required.
Limited to 10 students only.
All course taught by industry professionals.
The course will finish with networking and drinks with your fellow studios and teachers to allow you to build up contacts.